Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Slow Day


Not much to report today. We trekked our bags across town to move from the apartment to the Hotel Lilla Roberts. It was a dreary, wet day today, but much warmer than yesterday. Soup for lunch at the market. Then we just took it easy until it was time to meet our tour group for a brief meeting and dinner.


















Our tour director is Micke. He is Swedish but enjoys visiting Lapland. There are only eleven participants on our tour after four canceled this morning. I think it will be nice to travel with such a small group. Tomorrow I will try to learn everyone's names and see if I can get some pictures. We will do an official tour of Helsinki in the morning and then have time to ourselves in the afternoon. 

For dinner tonight, we went to Olo. This restaurant was not in the league that Chris and I usually explore. The starter was beef tartar. I'm sure it was a delicacy, but I will not be adding it to my personal favorite foods list. The entree was lamb, which was very tasty. For dessert, we had a lemon creme. It had yogurt and honey and was topped with something that made it look like we were being served a bowl of snow. It tasted very good - cold and creamy, but with a sourness from the lemon. (Yeah. I know. They are not going to hire me as a judge on Chopped with the way that I describe food.)

I'm sure tomorrow will be fun, but I am excited to head north to Lapland. The temperature up there is supposed to be cold. Hopefully, we will have some clear nights to be able to see the Northern Lights (maybe night doesn't really matter since I am not sure that the sun rises at all at this time of year. We'll see.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment