Thursday, September 13, 2018

Terve

Ystävät (Friends)

I never thought that I could make such great friends in such a short time. The people I have met at Salolampi are simply amazing! They gave me the confidence to speak when I had no idea what to say, supported me in pronunciation - especially the vowel sounds, shared their stories, and welcomed me fully into the Finnish culture. They were all so interested in my upcoming trip to Finland. Each of them will travel with me in spirit as I continue the next leg of my journey. Truly, they have enriched my life in a way that I never expected, and I will treasure our week together always!


My cabinmates: Kerthu, Impi, and Saima 

The Beginners' Class: Ida, Sirpa (teacher), Anya, Elvi, and Sampo. We had such fun together and all learned more than any of us expected! 


Closing Banquet

We ended with a special final meal served on Finnish Arabia china with Iitala crystal, and Finnish vases and candles. It was lovely.

 

And the meal included...



Yes...I have no words to say about that! As I keep saying, this trip is all about new experiences!





No comments:

Post a Comment